Antioxidant Capacity: PHOTOCHEM®more pictures
PHOTOCHEM® – Analysis of the antioxidative capacity of both water-soluble and lipid-soluble antioxidants with the PCL method
With PHOTOCHEM®, Analytik Jena AG offers the first system solution for the quantitation of antioxidants in water-soluble and lipid-soluble systems. Due to the use of the method of photochemiluminescence, the fast photochemical excitation of radical formation is combined with sensitive luminometric detection.
How does photochemiluminescence work?
- Combines the very fast photochemical radical generation with the highly sensitive luminometric detection
- Works fast, precise, efficient and environmentally beneficial
- No dependence of measurements on a specific pH value or temperature
- Delivers results of practical quantitative relevance for the characterization of the antioxidative status of organisms
- First instrument for the measurement of water-soluble and lipid-soluble antioxidants in a single system
- Extremely short measuring times – about 3 minutes
- Very high sensitivity
- System solution for the measurement of antioxidants; instrument and standardized ready-to-use kits for different applications
- Simple handling – sampling, measurement and rinse cycles are automatic
The software PCLsoft is the control and analysis software for PHOTOCHEM®. Free measuring methods are applicable for the various requirements. The storage of the measurement data is done by GLP– in a data base.
It is possible to connect the system with your LIMS and to export your data into MS Excel format. An extensive collection of calibrating parametres is available for the data evaluation.
ACW Kit for 120 or 600 measurements to determine the antioxidant capacity of water-soluble substances
PHOTOCHEM® can be used wherever free radicals appear and the antioxidative properties of substances as well as their interaction are to be quantified.
As for example:
- Quality control of technological processes
- Determination of the long-term stability of products
- Screening of new antioxidative substances
Areas of application:
- Nutrition and food technology
- Chemical industry
- Agriculture and forestry
- BS_PCL_02_08_e .pdf | 74.73 kB
Determination of Water (ACW) Soluble Antioxidative Capacity in Blood Plasm
- BS_PCL_04_08_e .pdf | 76.86 kB
Determination of Water (ACW) Soluble Antioxidative Capacity in Food Additives
- BS_PCL_06_08_e .pdf | 143.11 kB
Determination of Lipid (ACL) Soluble Antioxidative Capacity in Macadamia Nut Oil
- Brochure PHOTOCHEM (English) .pdf | 475.12 kB